Loading... Please wait...

Costa Rica Aquiares Peaberry

Costa Rica Aquiares Peaberry

$13.00
Weight
0.75 LBS
Quantity

Product Description

The Aquiares farm is one of the most historic in Costa Rica and it sits high on the slopes of the Turrialba Volcano. As the largest Rainforest Alliance-certified coffee farm in the country, Aquiares devotes 80% of its land to growing high-quality coffee and the remaining 20% to conservation. Coffee plots are interlaced with over a dozen natural springs and almost 20 kilometers in streams, all protected with buffer zones in line with the property's RFA certification. These streams form a network of natural corridors through the terrain that connect the large protected forests in the two river valleys, providing a healthy environment for the local animals, birds, and plants. The farm and the community at Aquiares are mutually connected. The farm provides services, land, security and honest jobs. In return, the coffee farm has benefited from a well-educated community and relies on highly skilled professionals from its community to thrive. Such a level of interdependence has helped contribute to the sense of pride that Aquiareños take in both their community and the coffee. 

Other Details

Region:
Turrialba
Harvest:
2018
Processing:
Washed
Variety:
Caturra
Tasting Notes:
sweet lemon, honey, almond, black tea

Find Similar Products by Category

Product Reviews

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Write your own product review

Sign up to our newsletter

Share with us

FacebookTwitterInstagram

Recent Updates

Click the button below to add the Costa Rica Aquiares Peaberry to your wish list.